[HLUG] Re: MPlayer problem...

Mark Broadbent mgjbroadbent at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:33:37 GMT 2006

Hi Emon,

Welcome to the LUG. :-)

On 03/01/06, Emon <contact_emon at gawab.com> wrote:

> Your suggestion was precisely to the point.
> I went to "Preferences" then to "Video" and changed the driver
> to X11 and now it's working fine.
>
> One more problem though, if I choose to play a video at "full
> screen" the whole screen goes black  with the video playing in
> center, maintaining it's original size!! why is that?? gxine
> doesn't seem to have problem playing the same video at full
> screen!!

It sort of begs the question of why you don't use gxine as it seems to
perform all the functions that you require?  On the other hand you may
have to change the preferences in mplayer to resize the video when
playing back in full screen.

I'd probably recommend here that you search the FAQs and mailing
archives on the mplayer site as there seems little experience here in
using it.

Cheers
Mark

--