[HLUG] Re: MPlayer problem...

John Hedges john at drystone.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 13:23:45 GMT 2006

>> system with the video and audio outputs. For example you can specify
>> ALSA,
>> OSS, ARTs, etc with the sound and usually X11, Xv and others for the
>> video

> Thanks

> Your suggestion was precisely to the point.
> I went to "Preferences" then to "Video" and changed the driver
> to X11 and now it's working fine.

> One more problem though, if I choose to play a video at "full
> screen" the whole screen goes black  with the video playing in
> center, maintaining it's original size!! why is that?? gxine
> doesn't seem to have problem playing the same video at full
> screen!!

> Thanks again
> Emon

Hi Emon and Happy New Year to everyone

I have the same behaviour using '-vo x11', but with '-vo xv' or
'-vo x11 -zoom' I get full screen with scaling. These are command line
options to mplayer. gmplayer works well with the X11 driver if you start
it with the -zoom option, though give the xv video driver a go if it is
available, it zooms automatically.

Cheers

John