[HLUG] V-CD problem

David Shorthouse David at dshorthouse.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 03:44:12 GMT 2006

Sorry for not being there tonight I thought it was next week...(blonde moment)

I am into VCDs SVCDs.

A something you can try. Copy the file over to your harddisk rename the .dat
file to .mpg. This will force the player to use an mpeg codecs.???make sure
you have execute rights make unread-only .(because you have copied from a cd
it will be readonly just a thought)

Have a go with that let us know how it goes...

Many thanks to everyone I think the problem is with the DMA.. It disables DMA
& the machine works no problems.

Although I do find that the seek time on the drive seems quite long. I don't
run spinrite but I hate anything were the harddisk seems to fail...

Dave..