[HLUG] RE: Free Open Source Workshop in Hereford - Jan 26th

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 26 01:03:14 GMT 2006

tundish wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting last week. Work and family life
> have been a bit demanding recently.
>
> What's the plan for the Open Source Workshop? Are there any materials
> to hand out, or specific people who we need to seek out and speak to?

Hi again

Yes the MOST event is on Tomorrow, ie Thursday at the Left Bank. MOST
are happy for LUG members to come down if they wish. I probably won't be
around too long as I had 3 days hols off work already this week and last
but will be around shortly after 1pm.

I will bring approx 45 HLUG flyers I knocked up in Scribus with me.
Really all we are looking for is anyone who is keen and positive about
the benefits of Open Source and Linux and how it can help charities and
the Voluntary sector.

MOST will be regarded as the experts here, but Richard Smedley, the
organiser is happy for us to help in a local capacity, i.e. if any local
charities or groups are interested in OSS with a 'toe in the water', we
can help them with our mailing list and meetings to get used to
applications such as OpenOffice, etc

I've knocked up some HLUG flyers we can give out to any interested parties.

See you there tomorrow !

Julian