[HLUG] Huzzaah for Prescott and the Open Source Academy

tundish tundish at thuswise.org.uk
Thu Mar 2 21:58:45 GMT 2006

Hi, everyone,

Sorry I wasn't at the last meeting. Family/Work/Secret Llama Cult are
really taking up my time at the moment. Doubly sorry because it was at
the pub :-) By the way, if the Spread Eagle's too noisy, have you
considered the Hop Pole? Opposite where we had the Christmas Meal. A
rare pint of HPA they do there.

Reason for the post: Just seen this on the Register. Office of the
Deputy Prime Minister have spawned the Open Source Academy.

The objective is apparently to provide resource and best practice to
local government in considering Open Source solutions in IT:

http://www.opensourceacademy.gov.uk/

Enjoy. Hurrah!