[HLUG] Anyone had success with Lucent 56k (winmodem) in Ubuntu 5.10?

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Tue Mar 7 19:59:16 GMT 2006

I have not used a winmodem but in Synaptic I did a search on
'winmodem' (name and description) and it brings up some non-free
packages which are restricted. This probably means they are obtainable
elsewhere but Ubuntu don't handle them in case they get sued. Similarly
I got codecs elsewhere, because they are supposed to be charged for.
Graham