[HLUG] how do I uninstall

Benjamin Weber B.Weber at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 05:43:46 GMT 2006

Hi Julian,

Package management with rpm works just as well, in fact I prefer rpms to deb packages. Debian would not protect you from things you've built yourself. You can use anything on top of rpm/dpkg for doing automatic dependency resolution and package downloading etc. apt,rug,yast,y2pmsh,smart,yum etc all work with rpm.

The package mentioned kpacman was removed some time ago as it is unmaintained and no longer works with current kde iirc.

As for number of packages SuSE currently has arround 8000 packages which I find has pretty much anything I could want, but that should greatly increase with the build service that is currently in alpha, which will allow anyone to build packages for the repositories simply by uploading the sourcecode and spec file. The build system will then automatically build the package for every supported architecture and multiple distribution bases, even debian and fedora.

Benji