[HLUG] ppp dialer

Graham Cole g at gcole.uklinux.net
Wed Mar 15 20:38:38 GMT 2006

Hello Matt,
I have always used a 56k serial modem because I had no choice up til
now. I used to have problems setting up the dial-up with early SuSe and
then RedHat. Latest Ubuntu seems to get it easily without me doing
anything, perhaps because I did any necessary configuring long ago and
recent upgrades simply carried it all forward.
Looking at Synaptic, I have these relevant packages installed: ppp,
pppoeconf, pppconfig, which I guess were available in the main
repository. I certainly didn't have to apt-get them.
--
Best wishes

Graham