[HLUG] Thunderbird question

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 17 23:09:09 GMT 2006

Emon wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have just started using Thunderbird, for the first time. My
>problem is I have already setup a few filters in my account at
><gawab.com> & incoming mails are sorted & delivered to their
>appropriate folders as per the settings in the filters. Will I
>have to scrap these filters or will Thunderbird be able to
>retrieve mails from each & every folder??
>
>Thanks
>Emon

I suppose the answer is 'it depends'. If you use IMAP I think
thunderbird will pull down all the folders with whatever has been placed
into there. If you using POP3 I'm not so sure.

Either way a bit of testing will help.

IMAP email INMO is far more useful than POP3 anyday. You really should
try it out, you'll never go back to POP again!!