[Herts] Debain Install Amusements..

Nicolas Pike nicolas at jetblackjelly.com
Sun Feb 1 14:43:39 GMT 2004

Hi All,

With all the fun of the RH option effectively being withdrawn, just as I was
getting everything going, and the various hardware problems I have had with
my blade server. The dark clouds of .NET and Windows 2003 web edition are
calling to me.. Plus if that was not enough work are going to move to
.NET!!!!
Drastic action is called for, so I have decided to get Debian running here
at home to gain some experience and to get the Blade reloaded with Debian
ASAP..
I have downloaded the Debian disks and started the install, all proceeds ok,
(I have loaded no special drivers) it DHCP’s the network config, installs
some more then crashes back to the main menu with
Deb bootstrap exited with an error return value 1
I have burnt another disk and got the same result

I am looking through the doc , but all help appreciated !!

Regards
Nicolas

Regards
Nicolas