[Herts] Re: [Lust] FW: Herts LUG News - New Venue 1st December - Broadhall Comunity Centre Stevenage

A B bucadrk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 23:20:08 GMT 2004

Basics
1. Linux - which Distribution is best for you (RH,
Fedora, Suse, Debian, Mandrake, Knoppix, etc etc)?
2. Good practice - Installs and maintaining base,
including; Yum, rpm, etc etc
3. Hardware - What's worth keeping, what's for junking

Specifics
1. Setting up a SAMBA 3.0 server to act as an NT
Domain Controller
2. CUPS (printing for a Network)
3. Secure FTP (vsFTP or similar)
4. Apache 2.0 and my first web page
5. As 4. and virtual servers (virtual domains)
6. please add ...

Fun
1. Linux Games - what's hot, what's not
2. Sourceforge and other ways to spend a wet Saturday
afternoon installing "free" products
3. please add ...

Regards,

A.