[Herts] Anything new for next week? + Skype and Tux badges

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Jul 8 22:06:25 BST 2005

nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would certainly like to buy a couple of TUX PC badges.
> BTW has anyone used Skype on Linux I have loaded it, but I need to find
> a suitable headset or USB phone!!
> In other news... My Ma is getting on fine with her new Linux PC. I have
> even got the printing working now. Soon the old 98 box will be going,
> then, her PC's will be 100% Linux (One Gentoo One Smoothwall). A bit of
> a curve but we are getting there.
>
> Regards
> Nicolas

I'm using Skype on Linux, but just using a desk microphone and speakers.
The headset I had last month is generally for work. They are big on
Skype at the moment and have bought loads of USB phones, but I know
nothing of their Linux compatability. Have you seen
http://www.gizmoproject.com/, a Skype-like service that uses open
standards? A Linux client is promised, but meanwhile Skype seems to have
taken off. I regularly see over 3 millions users active.

Your mum has a firewall? I'm impressed ;)