[Herts] Two victories in one day

Ian Gregory yahoo at zenatode.org.uk
Wed Jul 20 01:24:34 BST 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 01:50:11PM +0100, Steve Clark wrote:

> Not only has London got the 2012 Olympics, but the EU has just thrown
> out the software patents bill!

> Soundly defeated this time. I guess there's always a chance it will get
> tried again, but meanwhile I think a small cheer is in order.

So that is one victory then:-) The Olympic decision is a victory for
the construction industry and big business, but me and most of my
friends, and everyone living at Clays Lane housing co-op (which will
probably now be bulldozed), were opposed to the Olympics coming to
London.

I was trapped inside the rural convergence space in Stirling when I
heard the depressing news about the Olympic decision. I wish I had
also heard about the patent decision, it would have been some
consolation and taken my mind off the thousands of riot cops laying
siege to the campsite.

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/