[Herts] FW: Herts LUG - ** Wednesday 8th March - Broadhall Community Centre Stevenage

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Mar 10 17:00:13 GMT 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 16:43, Neil Youngman wrote:
> On Thursday 09 March 2006 15:34, Steve Clark wrote:

> The multi-user stuff sounds interesting. I wonder if it's possible to do
> across a network, so we can have keyboards and screens dotted about the
> house, without having to have loads of computers?

It's possible in the shape of thin clients. Sometimes a PC is over the top and
what you need is just a step up from a dumb terminal. One advantage is that
you only have to maintain software on one computer. For the likes of us the
problem may be that the thin clients can cost more than a rock-bottom PC,
unless you can pick them up on ebay, but they will have the advantages of
small size, quiet operation and quick start-up.

Lots of info on this topic at

http://www.ltsp.org/