[Herts] Re: Setting up SMTP gateway with Postifx

Ash Thakrar asht_007 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 10 15:30:05 BST 2006

Hi Jason,

Yast would be an option,not sure what I should be
installing.

Although I thought if I did
$postfix start
it should start the smtp demon.

dev:/ # ps aux | grep postfix
root      5715  0.0  0.1   5144  1612 ?        Ss
May09   0:00 /usr/lib/postfix/master
root     10323  0.0  0.0   1824   608 pts/0    S+
15:19   0:00 grep postfix
dev:/ # telnet 192.168.0.150 25
Trying 192.168.0.150...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.0.150: Connection
refused
dev:/ #

Why am I getting connection refused....

I have configured /etc/postfix/main.cf with our
internal class C address to allow internal emails
between indivudals PCs that are dhcped.
Since we are behind our firewall -thats not an issue.

Do I have to enable something in /init.d

Regards
Ash