[Herts] Introduction

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Oct 10 11:21:20 BST 2006

Ahoy,

I've just moved to St Albans, so I thought I'd say "hello", and say a little
about my interests.

I've been using free software for about six years, and running some variety of
Linux exclusively for a little over four. At the moment I've settled on
Kubuntu. I'm a philosopher by training, with a sideline in geekery and an
interest in free culture & free software.

I'm a KDE press officer on sabbatical while I look for a job. I was involved
in the fight against software patents, going out to Brussels on several
occasions to harass MEPs. These days I spend most of my geek-time being
active in the free culture / iCommons / Creative Commons community,
co-founding Remix Reading (www.remixreading.org / www.remixcommons.org) and
Free Culture UK (www.freeculture.org.uk). I've also been working on
OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org) for a couple of months, which I hear my
friend Robert helped present to you last month, and I've made a start on St
Albans.

I probably won't make it to the meeting tomorrow, but I'm investigating
buses :o)

Kind regards,
Tom

--
The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera