[Herts] Kubuntu Install

nicolas nicolas at jetblackjelly.com
Sat Jan 20 13:54:54 GMT 2007

Hi

My IBM "Death Star" is on its last legs, so I hastily purchased a 250GB
Samsung to replace it. As I am going to have to rebuild this PC I
thought it would be a good time to try another distro on my new drive. I
have attempted to install Kubuntu...

Start and install option
Boots from CD, first part of the install starts up, the progress window
Screen flashes with blue graphic lines
Screen alternates between X on a black background and a mouse pointer on
a blue background..
That is as far as it goes!

Selecting start in safe graphics mode brings up a very basic kde desktop
and an install to disk option. Can I use this and easily add and
configure or should I try and fix whatever the problem (graphic card?)
is with the first install option?

Thanks!

Regards
Nicolas