[Herts] Lost VMWare

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Fri Nov 2 19:08:01 GMT 2007

On Friday 02 November 2007 11:30:43 Cliff Deamer wrote:
> Help please,
> I just updated from Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10 and have lost all my VMWare
> Server content including VM's and associated files.
> I know how to reinstall from scratch but I want to avoid that; how can I
> resurrect my VM?

I can't help you with VMWare, but I'm sorry to say that my Ubuntu upgrade also
had a few issues. The upgrade itself hung, but I managed to re-run it. When I
did get it done I lost my sound and had a couple more minor issues. I still
have problems with my TV card. I've upgrade a few times in the past and
always had some sort of problem. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

I hope you find an answer to your problem. Have you tried the Ubuntu forums?