[Herts] Meeting follow-ups

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Apr 9 10:53:43 BST 2008

Let's see if the mailing list will let me reply to a message via Gmail.

On 09/04/2008, Malcolm Smith <lists at thesmith.org.uk> wrote:
>  > Useful firefox addons I use:-
>  >
>  > FEBE: allows you to backup your firefox profile / bookmarks and
>  > transfer them to another machine
>
>  Or you can just go into your
>
>   /home/username/.mozilla/firefox/rgfjfgd476.default/
>
>  directory and copy the relevant files from there. (The directory's
>  seemingly random name will be different on different machines.)
>
>  I keep my bookmarks.html on my website in case anyone is really bored.

I gave up on keeping loads of bookmarks in my browser a while back. I
have a few for those sites I visit daily. For some others I just start
typing and let the history do the rest. Anything I find interesting
gets added to my del.icio.us list. I can access that from anywhere and
I like the social aspects.

http://del.icio.us/steevc

My latest favourite FF add-on is Operator. It looks for Microformat
data in a page and gives you various ways to use it, e.g. import an
hcard contact, create a calendar appointment, view XFN details. You
have to set up some scripts to get the most from it. Works nicely with
sites like last.fm