[Herts] Firewall repair service ;)

Mike Roberts hertslug at mikerobe.org
Fri Apr 11 21:24:38 BST 2008

Hi folks,

A quick note to let you know that some how I got the honour of
repairing the group's smoothwall ;0)

Turns out the compaq network card had retired from active service
without permission. Popped a spare 3C509 in to go with the existing
pair already in the box and things improved some.

While I was about it I have upgraded it to Smoothwall 3.0 and applied
the latest patches. As I type I am surfing through it to my network
and then out to the outside world through my own smoothy :)

It will still need configuring to work at the centre but that
shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

Will bring it along next month.

Cheers Mike 8-{>