[Herts] HertsLUG Smoothwall - Mouse

Malcolm Smith lists at thesmith.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 10:20:33 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 07:54:55AM +0100, ROBERTS, Mike wrote:
> At the last meeting
> the machine kept hanging for a very long time waiting for a mouse during
> POST. From what James and I have found (I looked too when I was
> rebuilding the machine initially) there is no option to disable the
> mouse. Which does indeed seem bizarre. It must be a "feature" of the IBM
> BIOS. Unless someone knows different?
>
> Anyone know what model of IBM the box is?

If I'm not mistaken it's an IBM PC330 (I installed/configured* so many
of the darn things during my working life that the model number is
etched onto my brain).

*Oops, did I just volunteer to fix it? Hopefully it's fixed already.

http://www.coreboot.org/Special:Search?ns0=1&search=pc330&searchx=Search

Anyway, I can't find it here, but then again, one should probably search
for the motherboard. Coreboot is the new name for LinuxBIOS, BTW.

See you tonight
--
Malcolm
http://www.thesmith.org.uk/     Personal site of unfathomable depths