[Herts] TONIGHT !! Next Meeting: Herts LUG - *** Thursday 8th April 2010 ***

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Thu Apr 8 14:41:22 UTC 2010

2010/4/8 nicolas <nicolas at jetblackjelly.com>

> Note - The next few meetings are on THURSDAY
> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking it was next week as I hadn't updated my calendar to have the
meetings on Thursdays, so it's a good thing I saw this reminder.

> Featuring
>
> TBA!

I've said for a while that I'll do a quick talk on encryption. I've not
prepared anything formal, but I can do 10 minutes tonight.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's got an Android phone. I've just ordered
one, so I'm interested to learn what I can do with it. I'm hoping Rob will
be there as he has been blogging about developing an app for his.

Another thought I had would be for a discussion on the merits of different
Linux desktops. I've mostly used KDE and I notice that a lot of people at
the LUG also do. I've tried Gnome in the past and found it less intuitive.
I'm not interested in a flame war, but perhaps someone who has recent
experience of both can share their views.

See you there.