[Herts] Great BBC open source radio broadcast and update.

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Feb 3 11:25:18 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 03 Feb 2010 10:44:49 Malcolm Smith wrote:
> Back by popular demand...
>
> Inside the Virtual Anthill: Open Source Means Business
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00kp806
>
> Firefox, Linux, IBM, et al. A good primer for non-technical
> friends and family. And it's from the Beeb so it must be true!
>
> This was first broadcast in June 2009, but you can now catch it
> again for another week on iPlayer.

I think I listened to it back then. On TV at the moment is a series about the
development of the web. Repeats a lot of stuff we've heard before, but
interviews a lot of major figures. I get annoyed when they mention things like
URL or HTML, but don't say what they stand for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualrevolution/

> Hope to see you at next week's meeting - is it on Thursday again?

I'm assuming it's Thursday.