[Herts] Using server components in a desktop for audio usage

Malcolm Smith lists at thesmith.org.uk
Wed May 12 19:56:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 08:37:34PM +0100, David Honour wrote:
> Nice, thanks for that. At the moment i've worked out the motherboard
> processor ram, the case is looking like something I'll have to make,

:)

Some classy chassis inspiration:

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/12/16/chiaroscuro-by-nick-falzone/1
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/08/09/nakamura_project_log/6
http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/04/23/yuugou_by_greensabbath/13
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/bbcitxb/
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/aunthagar/
http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/florian/

> the power supply will be interesting since the board takes 2x8pin and a
> 4pin power connector on top of the standard 24pin. None of the silent
> ones i've found do this, so I might have to hack 2 together.

Hehe, nothing like a bit of redundancy :)
Don't forget a UPS - talk to Mike about them.

See you
--
Malcolm
http://www.thesmith.org.uk/     Personal site of unfathomable depths