[Herts] Meeting: Herts LUG - Thursday 10th March 2011 - Topics discussed

Malcolm Smith herts at thesmith.org.uk
Wed Jun 1 09:32:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 01:59:11PM +0100, nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated the meeting reports page
>
> http://www.herts.lug.org.uk/meetingreports.htm
>
> Please advise of any additions/errors etc!

My talks are listed here:

http://www.thesmith.org.uk/comp/linux/hertslug.html

One day I'll get around to writing up my other talk on GRUB+Sidux/aptosid.
But I finally finished my writeup+pics about my musical supercomputer.
The build details mention the awesome fractal desktop background people
were asking about:

http://www.thesmith.org.uk/words/journal/2011-02.html#buildingnewcomputer

My tune I premiered is still being mixed though...

I hope to be there tomorrow, but am teaching at Uni first, so won't get
there until 9:45pm :/ One month fairly soon when I'm not teaching, I'd
like to give a talk on panoramic photo editing with Hugin. And it would be
cool if someone out there could do a talk about these cool FLOSS projects:
- Scribus (DTP)
- Inkscape (vector graphics)
- Kdenlive (video editing)
- And if Rob wants to share some more Blender wisdom, that'd be cool too

Check them out if you never used them. It's good to see Free tools
approaching/surpassing the proprietary dinosaurs. And if you dig
graphics, or know some proprietary graphic software users who could do
with enlightening, see here:

http://libregraphicsmag.com/

Regards
--