[Herts] New Linux User Seeking Advice

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Thu Jun 16 16:12:21 UTC 2011

 On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:25:57 +0100, Mel Corley wrote:
> All
>
> Just joined the group, after being signposted to you from a contact
> on the LinkedIn network
>
> Recently, and i mean recently started using the Linux Ubuntu
> language/code, and would really be grateful for "any" input to how to
> learn code, and more about the features, ad capabilities of the
> programme - basically, as mentioned earlier, i am a complete newbie,
> but really keen to learn more about the linux world; especially info
> about how i can make it my primary OS for the mac laptop
>
> All info,support welcomed
>
> Regards
> Mel

 Hi Mel,

 What are you looking to be able to do with Ubuntu? Do you wish to just
 be a user or a programmer? Have you actually got it installed and
 running yet? Need to gauge just how much of a new user you really are.
 Do you have any other computing background?

 Another good place for advice would be the ubuntu-uk mailing list. Its
 pretty busy so should get lots of help there.

 Good luck.
--

 Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
 http://www.jcrdevelopments.com