[Herts] Best broadband in Stevenage

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 11 10:30:14 UTC 2013

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 00:09:39 +0000
Michał Olber <olbi at pcmod.pl> wrote:

> Hi guys
> I'm looking now for the best broadband unlimited internet in the
> Stevenage. Now I have T-Mobile Online but it sucks like hell. I need
> minimum of 10 Mb/s speed all the time without laggs. What You can
> recommend?

Another vote for Virgin Media here - I steer clear of ADSL, as from
experience it's rather fragile (not surprising, trying to send high
speed data signals over shite quality twisted copper pair) - although
BT Infinity may solve that problem by replacing the majority of the run
with fibre up to the local cabinet - but if the copper pair from the
cabinet to your house (or your internal wiring) is shite, it might
still suffer).

With VM, you know you'll get a new, decent quality cable that's up to
the job installed; in my experience, their service is pretty damn
solid, and generally gives me the speed advertised.

I have a RIPE Atlas probe installed locally, and the remote
reachability stats for the month (connection uptime) are typically 98%
or better.

I'd echo the recommendations to put the "Super"Hub in modem mode and
use a proper wifi access point & router, though - it wasn't so super in
my experience.

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter