[Hudlug] Linux in films

Anne Wilson hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 7 15:01:00 2002

There was a conversation on Monday about Linux in films, and I said that I
had read a good article.  It was in this month's Linux Format.  To quote
briefly -

...Linux has infiltrated the film world with all the stealth and finesse of a
small, green Jedi Knight.

In June Disney became the latest of the Holywood studios t discover the joys
of Linux....... Migration to Linux in the US film industry has been both
swift and comprehensive, beginning in the 'farms' rendering images for
blockbusters such as Titanic and Antz, and, in just a few years, infiltrating
the workstations of Hollywood to such an extent that Dreamworks' latest
assault on the Disney animation crown - Spirit: Stallion of the Dimarron - is
said to be the first feature film created totally on Linux..........

Much more on these lines, both in film and DVD.  If you're interested it's in
Linux Format 31, August 2002, and should be in the shops now.  Or try
www.linuxformat.co.uk

Anne