[Hudlug] Is this thing working?

Ross Brown hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 19 09:21:00 2003

Tim replied:
> There is some life here.

Glad to hear it!

Nothing in particular I want to "know" about Linux, just interested in
finding out more in general but - at the same time - I've no interest in
becoming a complete nerd/spod/expert. I run various flavours of Windows
and Mac OS/System, and dabbled in Be OS before it was "Palmed", so
decided it was time to find out more about Linux.

If I come along to one of the meetings, am I going to be thrown into a
world of arguments about the merits of the GNU GPL and lots of blokes in
beards arguing that you need to use Bash to *really* use Linux? Or is
there a place for someone like me to find out more without being shot
down for mentioning that I've used Mandrake in the past!?

Cheers
RB