[Hudlug] Plain Text emails

Ben Fowler hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 12:39:51 2003

>From: "Ross Brown" <ross@FL42.com>
>I'm the opposite, by default "html".
>
>I know... I know... but your average Joe expects nice fonts in an email
>and wonders why your email likes a teleprompt if you don't!

I am not sure how the term "average Joe" helps us.

All over the net (a search on Google give these hits)

people are begging and pleading with correspondents NOT to send them HTML,
but only plain text.

A good guide is this>

If you want 'nice fonts' in your e-mail, please adjust your client
(Thunderbird can do this, as it uses the Gecko renering engine)
to set your incoming mail as your prefer it.

Please understand that unless there is a silent majority that I am unaware
of, a preference for

    No spam at all
    No viruses at all
    plain text only

is more or less universal amongst people who read e-mail.

Ben

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger