[Hudlug] Plain Text emails

Ross Brown hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 13:32:55 2003

> Well, outlook express is 6 years old, and it still is flaky around the
edges.  (especially in > its ability to auto run nasty content that
people may email in)

I think I'm being misunderstood, apologies. I'm not saying that OE6 is a
fantastic piece of work, far from it. I'm merely pointing out that the
majority of people sending/receiving email today use it and are most
likely to send HTML email whether *we* like it or not.

> A rendering engine is the part of the software...

I know this - the point I made was, as above, that "Joe Public" doesn't
know or care.

> We send all our emails from this office as plain text now, and find we

> have a much better email relationship with our customers.

We work in marketing and a few people have commented in the past that
it's difficult to read things sometimes when they're plain text,
especially if they're approving stuff. It's horses for courses.

> Next you'll be saying we should send flash files in every message.

Now you're being silly! :-)

RB