[Hudlug] old hardware disposal

Shak hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 3 16:42:01 2003

ferg,

A SCSI tape and Hard disk would be nice, say 2 pints of sheep or how ever much you ask dude :)

Ill discuss it on IRC later :)

Shak
From: Chris Lindley <chris.lindley@scotgate.org>
Date: 2003/02/03 Mon PM 03:29:35 GMT
To: list HUDLUG <hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [Hudlug] old hardware disposal

Hi,

I've loads of bits and pieces of oldish hardware that I want to get rid
of.

Basically I would like to make room, but perhaps make a little bit of
cash on top! (added bonus!  Beer money as am poor impoverished ex-PhD
student!!)

Now there's a few cases, few monitors, cdrom drives, floppy drives, old
hard drives (a few scsi), scsi tape drives, mobo,s cpu's, loads of
cables etc...You get the gist!!  Probably enough to build a few low end
systems.

Now individually there's not enough value to get rid of on eBay or
something like that.  So has anybody got any suggestions.

I though a car booter or perhaps a market stall for one sat/sun? In fact
if anybody else has lots of stuff to get rid of, do they fancy going
halves on a market stall on the Hudd 2nd hand market on one saturday?

Or realistically, do you think that it would nto be worth the effort,
and just to trash the lot (am reluctant to do this, as it's not exactly
envirmentally friendly, and after all I am a tight-arsed
Yorkshireman!!!)

Cheers
Chris

PS, if anybody is after something, email me, and if I have it, you can
have it for the price of a pint!!!!  (...or if it's a cable, perhaps the
price of a pack of pork scratchings!!)

--
  Chris Lindley
  chris.lindley@scotgate.org          chrishl@bmb.leeds.ac.uk