[Hudlug] Grrrr NTL

daveyp hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 9 17:00:01 2003

Apparently the cap will take the form of nasty letters from NTL's
abuse department.  I suspect that NTL have been caught totally
unawares by the rapid and angry reaction that the "sneaky" change on
their AUP pages has caused.

Some people are saying that they'll only contact users who average
more than 1GB/day over a month, others are saying that NTL are only
interested in going after people who download constantly 24/7 (e.g.
to grab warez ISO's).

I'm just glad I never upgraded to a 1Mb connection as I think the cap
effectively means you can only safely download for 2 or 3 hours per
day.

DaveyP