[Hudlug] RE: Hudlug digest, Vol 1 #103 - 1 msg

Anne Wilson hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 09:13:01 2003

On Monday 17 Feb 2003 8:46 am, Corrado Topi wrote:
> Anne,
>
> what modem is it? Is it an hardware modem?
>
> By the way, how much is he asking for it? I don't know the reason, but =
> received your e-mail with all the numbers converted into ASCII symbols.
>
> Corrado Topi
> Lecturer in Information System

It's a PCLine internal, so I would guess that it's a winmodem with one of=
 the=20
commonest chipsets.  The QC sticker is over some vital information, but s=
o=20
you can Google, here's what I can see

Agere  ???8C-TV5 (don't know how many missing characters on this or other=
=20
lines)
    V 0201S
    46525
    00Agere

On what I take to be the sound chip (?) is ATS-273 Atech

He is asking =A35, would be willing to let you try it out before buying, =
if it's=20
any help.

Anne
--=20