[Hudlug] Samba Client for Windows 2000 network

Anne Wilson hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 24 18:29:01 2003

On Friday 24 Jan 2003 5:01 pm, Andrew Charlesworth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently setting up a Mandrake client to connect to a Windows 2000
> server and I've got more than half way and I'm now stuck.
>
> I can connect to the server fine, but only get read only access, the us=
er
> has been created on the windows system and works fine using a win clien=
t.

> The contents of fstab are the usual followed by:
>
> //win2ksrvr/dir /home/user/dir smbfs username=3Duser,password=3Dpasswd =
0 0

> I've tried adding noauto and umask=3D0 as parameters but they don't hel=
p at
> all. I think there must be an extra parameter to pass, but I can't find=
 it.

> Currently running Mandrake 9.0 and the mandrake websites only lists the
> previously mentioned parameters to try.
>
> Thanks
> Andrew

Andrew - can't answer your question, but I have a suggestion.  Go Mandrak=
e's=20
website and sign on for the newbie (or expert if you feel ready for that)=
=20
mailing list.  Ask the question on list.  The newbie list has some very=20
experienced people, who can usually get you on the right tracks.  One guy=
 in=20
particular is an Australian, who is a prolific poster in the evenings, an=
d=20
very knowledgeable.

Anne

--=20