[Hudlug] Sometimes it does take a Rocket Scientist! - Thursday 2nd October

Tim Bray tim at kooky.org
Mon Sep 29 00:02:05 BST 2003

[I'm planning on going.  Anybody else?  Tim]

The first event, this Thursday (2nd October), of the new IEE South
Yorkshire Branch programme is our March cancelled "Linux in Space"
lecture. Prof. Pat Stakem is coming to Sheffield from NASA just to give
us his lecture. So PLEASE support us and try to attend.

Pat will talk about his life and work as a space engineer and rocket
scientist. He will also discuss the use of computers in space. Where it
started and where it is going to! GNU/LINUX in several different forms
has been used on the International Space Station. It also forms part of
his Flight Linux project.

Venue: Room 6620 The Adsetts Centre, Sheffield Hallam University. 6.30
for 7.00. Admission is "free" but tickets are required as the venue only
holds 250 (130 tickets currently issued). To get/book a ticket contact
Pat Brunskill at Sheffield Hallam University (Tel: 0114 2254888 or
e-mail p.brunskill at shu.ac.uk).

I hope to see you there.

Richard Lee
Hon Secretary