[Hudlug] HudLUG Record Attendance

Ben Fowler bpfowler at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 21:44:52 BST 2004

>Well, there were three people at HudLUG last night - Tim, Mickey and
>myself.
>
>I was just wondering, what's putting people off coming to the meetings, and
>is
>there anything we can do to improve it?
>
>I'd be interested to hear,
>Rob

1. June/July/August are the quietest months, so maybe there is nothing
wrong.

2. I didn't come to the May meeting because it clashed with the Bank
Holiday or something like like. Unless you can grab the undivided
attention of the Astronomer Royal (or whatever personage is responsible
for Bank Holidays and/or the month of May) and persuade him or her
to look more favourably on Linux, then we are probably stuck on that one.

3. I didn't get to the June meeting because on the day before it, I
read on the website that the meetings were to be held on the second Tuesday.
I didn't read the mails about the date until I had changed my plans
to come to Huddersfield (rather for the worse as it happened).

Arguably, you could send out mails 5 days or so before the date of the
meeting ...

Personally I would suggest that there is no change to the form of the
meetings. The HoS is easy to find. We have a light-hearted conversation
between friends.

If people want something different than are also excellent LUGs with
regular meetings at Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield.

Ben

P.S. When I read the Subject line, I thought that there had been a very
large meeting & I had missed something wonderful