[Hudlug] HudLUG Record Attendance

sarah at myplace.uklinux.net sarah at myplace.uklinux.net
Thu Jun 3 14:24:42 BST 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:21:38AM +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I feel an outsider in the HoS, whereas at Leeds I feel that I have come
> to be accepted.  I don't have any answers, but I wonder if others have
> also felt left out?  IRC is great for getting to know people, but for
> those of us who don't like to chat while trying to work it does tend to
> create a clique.  I also agree about the lack of emails - again, I
> think, a consequence of the IRC.

Hi all,

Just my thoughts on this: I personally don't feel left out despite never
getting around to going on IRC.  But I do feel that the mailing list is
lacking in traffic.  I think the problem is that we tend to use it for
questions & answers and not so much for general discussion.

> I'm not trying to dictate what should or should not happen.  If the HoS
> meets are what people want, I'll stay a member for the sake of the
> group's numbers, which I guess may be important, but I'll seek meetings
> elsewhere.

Personally I wouldn't want to have to travel out of town for a meeting, so
the HoS is perfect geographically speaking.  Unfortunately I've missed the
last couple of meetings.  This month I made a mistake with the dates -
thought it was next week, duh!  Since meetings are so far apart if I happen
to miss one or two then it's a couple of months before I see you all again.
Maybe more frequent meetings would help...

> Hudlug mailing list - next meeting: 3 Jan 2004  2000 HOS

And I've pointed this out before ^^^^^^^^
Maybe ppl are busy building time machines so they can travel back to attend
the meeting ;-)

Bye for now,
Sarah.

--