[Hudlug] WYLUG Next Meeting - Monday 8th March 2004

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 17:37:58 GMT 2004

                West Yorkshire Linux Users Group  (WYLUG)
             Meetings are free and open to anyone to attend.
                          ----             ------

                           Monday 8th March 2004

                      6:30 pm for Tea/Coffee and chat
                          7 pm prompt for meeting

                            Manchester Wireless
                                  Rob Kyle
                     http://www.manchesterwireless.net/

     If you feel disenchanted with commercial telecoms providers and the
      stranglehold which they have over our Internet access, if you are
     unable to meet the costs, or even unable to receive broadband, then
       you will be excited, as we are, at the prospect of an open and
    autonomous approach to networking. We can realise some of the promise
       of modern communications on a local level at a fraction of the
           commercial cost by building our owncommunity networks.

                    Mass Unattended Linux Installations
                                Aaron Crane
                                  GBdirect

     Modern Linux distributions seek to minimise the amount of handholding
      needed to install them. In this talk, Aaron discusses why you might
       want to install systems without any user interaction at all, and
      examines some of the obstacles to unattended installation. He also
     looks at a real-world case study with some special requirements that
                    existing tools find it hard to meet.

        WYLUG Venue:  Active Learning Lab.,  (Level 9, near staircase 2)
                      E.C. Stoner Building   (aka Physics/Admin)
                      University of Leeds
                      Woodhouse Lane
                      Leeds UK

             for location of meetings please see
                 http://www.wylug.org.uk/meetings.html

    "Informal" Discussions Continue after the meeting at the Victoria Pub
     on Great George St. at the back of the Town Hall - Everyone Welcome