[Hudlug] Networking

Beezly beezly at beezly.org.uk
Fri Aug 12 12:33:35 BST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 09:57 +0100, Craven Computer Services wrote:
> You cannot have two routers on the same line.

Not *physically* attached to the line, no, but I don't think Anne is
trying to do that. I think she is trying to acheive something like
this... (warning: mad ASCII art)

    +------+   +----------+ 192.168.0.x +----------+ 192.168.1.x
----| ADSL |---| Router 1 |-------------| Router 2 |-------------
    +------+   +----------+   Segment | +----------+   Segment |
                                      |                        |
                                   | PC |                    | PC |

Both Router 1 and Router 2 are doing NAT which is a little bit evil -
but shouldn't cause any problems, except PC's on each router 1 can't
talk to PC's on router 2. The trick there is to set up static routes
between the two routers if they support it. Hopefully that makes some
sense!

Cheers,

Beezly