[Hudlug] Networking

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 12:55:16 BST 2005

On Friday 12 Aug 2005 12:37, gARetH baBB wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Beezly wrote:
> > talk to PC's on router 2. The trick there is to set up static routes
> > between the two routers if they support it. Hopefully that makes some
> > sense!
>
> No, the trick is to completely disregard the WAN part of the second
> router and just treat it as a plain bridge.

Actually, what I've done with the cabling at the moment is even simpler.
I've set it as a switch - ignoring the WAN part and simply addressing it
as another station on the LAN.  I can browse both LAN and I'net this way.
All the same, I'm keeping the notes on setting it up as a separate segment
in case I run into problems.

Anne