[Hudlug] changing internet connections

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 19 20:59:04 BST 2005

If I purchase a laptop is it easy to change Internet connections under
Linux?
What I mean is if I had to have help installing a Linux distro and needed to
download any packages in the Voxbar, would I be able to change my settings
to my Internet connection at home?
If I did an install of Linux could I opt to install without an Internet
connection and set up the internet when I have one to hand?
Looking at the Ubuntu user guide and maybe other distros as well, it is
assumed you have an Internet connection yet there must be some way of
configuring a connection afterwards if people sometimes buy computers with
Linux pre installed unless the store you buy one from asks you for your
connection setttings and even then stores may not have the exact MODE|M as
the purchaser.