[Hudlug] meeting on july 4th

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 24 19:12:08 BST 2005

Hi tim!
Thanks for your message.
When I started my postings to the mailinglist yesterday, they didn't seem to
appear even though I have broadband.
It is only looking at my recent emails just this few minutes ago that I have
got your reply and from a couple of others.
A mate of mine who I knew from Worcester, Andrew Hodgson suggested I maybe
look at something like Ubunchu although he says it provides a lot more than
is needed for most people. He also suggested Debian although I have made him
aware that I don't have a hardware synthesiser which is one problem with
installing Linux without sighted assistance.
Dad offered to bring me to my first LUG meeting if I needed transport,
assuming this July the 4th meeting which I have read on the Hudlug site is
on.
Unfortunately I did manage to contact Bhavin Patel only he didn't seem to
know about it which is a slight problem so I still don't know who has this
information.
I am thinking of maybe eventually buying a Braille Display only I have to
talk to Blind Technology suppliers to find out what they would recommend and
this route is quite expensive.
I did have a hardware synthesiser but I lost the serial connector for my
Apolo2 Synth and it is not at my flat where I live.