[Hudlug] getting somewhere with linux

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 28 14:25:15 BST 2005

I may be getting somewhere with Linux.
I downloaded the oralux CD and have managed to get it to speak the setup
menus and can get the message when trying to shut down.
However, I haven't been able to get anything else to come up.
It appears that when I have chosen my keyboard, language, synthesiser,
Braille display if I had one and desktop which is either Emacspeak or Yasr,
it appears to go into the Emacspeak mannual. I only know this because mum
came to the flat yesterday afternoon and told me what was on the screen when
I made my choices.
I couldn't seem to find a userguide for Yasr if I chose Yasr and apparently
Emacs is a slightly more difficult for a newby.
Hope someone could give me some advice.