[Hudlug] 'His foe was folly, and his weapon, wit' or Irony in its most ferrous form

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:48:30 GMT 2005

That rather fine antithesis reminds me that the late W.S. Gilbert is with us
in spirit and in every newspaper office in the land, where there seems to be
a writer whose job is to make every day April the First, by including
some small snippet of news that you just would not believe had you not
read it on say, Slashdot. Today, for example:

	I just love the fact that when my friend popped in the Natasha
Bedingfield CD to
	listen to it, I told him I wouldn't be suprised if his computer broke
(or at least got
	mad at him) for putting that crappy excuse for music in there. Seems I was
	right - his attempt to remove the rootkit totally borked his XP to
the point it no
	longer boots. Guess he should have read the article at the Register first.

Ben

P.S. Better tell any members of the Huddersfield Windows Users Group that
when they have finished bemoaning their fate this week, they should update
either the list of disks not to put into their computers, or the list
of vulnerabilities
they are at risk of!