[Hudlug] Is GNUcash like MS Money? (was Re: Gnopernicus, ... )

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 12:14:53 GMT 2006

On 2/27/06, MICHAEL WEAVER <michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> [ snip ]
> I presume that Gnucash is a bit like MS Money. I know some people use
> Spreadsheets for financial records but I have never got figures to quite add
> up when using say Excel but then Spreadsheets was never really my thing at
> College.

Do mean that you have working knowledge of MS Money and you want to transfer
this skill? You may want to check with Anne, but I suspect the GNUcash is
quite different.

Michael, unless that was some kind of sly humour, lets be fair to the fine
folk at Redmond: Excel is a pretty good program. It may have grown a little
middle-aged spread after adding 'workbooks' and it may do other things
such as databases, pivot tables and text lists, but I am guessing that
adding up figures correctly is a given!

Ben