[Hudlug] gnopernicus still not speaking

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 09:29:04 GMT 2006

On 3/13/06, MICHAEL WEAVER <michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I have booted my laptop since the last LUG meeting and Gnopernicus still
> isn't speaking.

At the meeting, it was speaking. I remember  how difficult it was to make it out
in the noisy place. Somehow, a preference to inhibit speech output must have got
set, or perhaps Gnopernicus has not found anything worth saying.

I would like to watch you boot or wake up your laptop and just see what
should happen.

>I am still getting an error about speech being unavailable.

If Gnopernicus has determined that speech is not available, it is no
longer a suprise that it is not trying to speak.

See http://www.baum.ro/site-new/eng/products/gnopernicus/faq_startup.html ,
under Details  1.ii gives some important steps, and 2 also looks relevant.

> Hopefully I may be able to attach a keypad to extend my laptop keyboard so I
> can have access to all of the Gnopernicus key commands.

I appreciate that this is important to you, but it definitely seems
possible to use
Gnopernicus with your existing keyboard.

Does anyone have a USB numeric keypad we can try out?

Ben