[Hudlug] speakup in ubuntu

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 26 04:34:16 GMT 2006

Hopefully eventually I can get Speakup working in Ubuntu.
It does come with Edgy but at the moment it takes some work to get it
working with software speech.
It might be better for an app like VI as I think Orca has been mostly
designed for the Gnome desktop rather than text terminals.
Someone called Mat Campbell was using Speakup in Slackware a few years
ago on ACB Radio and it appeared to work quite well with VI so if there
became an easy way to switch between Orca and Speakup, this might be the
way to go.