[Hudlug] Receiving mailings

Derek Allen dmallen at uku.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 13:11:09 BST 2007

Just a follow up to the modem issue. I've now ordered a Netgear DG834g so
hope to be on line via Linux shortly.

The USB modem is a Voyager 105 which I gather is a common USB modem. I did
locate some information about this modem from  HYPERLINK
"http://www.lack-of.org" www.lack-of.org and drivers/installation data from
HYPERLINK "http://www.ecsdsl.com" www.ecsdsl.com . Some have had success in
getting this modem to work with Linux but I had difficulty locating the
appropriate files on my system that I need to modify and I couldn't install
the drivers because some dependencies it needed could not be found. Still I
don't like giving up without a fight so I will return to the problem when I
understand a little more about Linux.

Thanks for the help

Derek