[Hudlug] No Internet with Netgear DG834G

Derek Allen dmallen at uku.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 10:48:27 BST 2007

I don't seem to be having an easy ride with this one. I have gone through
both the wizard set-up and the manual set-up but to no avail. The unit will
not connect to the internet even under Windows XP.

I'm sure the line is ok as the router will connect to the Netgear set-up
site and I can alter the configuration settings by this means but no
combination of changes will produce results. When I look at the 'Connection
Status' on the Netgear site it shows 'failed' in all categories.

A request for help to Plus Net produced the response that the line may be
faulty but this does not tie in with accessing the Netgear site during
set-up.

What am I missing here?

The USB modem logged in via a dial-up box but there is no such device with
the Netgear unit. Do they connect this way or not? I am using it as a hard
wired connection through my onboard Ethernet, not via its wireless
connection.

Anyone any ideas as I haven't even begun to try connecting with Linux.

Derek Allen